• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok stupid question but..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

west1

Before i finish putting this thing together i have a question. The mobo i have doesnt have onboard video, and im installing an older radeon card. My question is will the video card work before i install the drivers or do i ahve to start up the PC with the video card drivers CD in it on the first boot to load them?

glock19owner said:
How old is the radeon card?

The oldest radeon card is the VE or 7000

Windows and Linux by defualt have basic VGA support for almost every video card. All you need to do is install the video card, and connect the monitor, load the os, and then load the proper video drivers.

perfect thanks alot for the responses, gonna head off to do it after dinner :)

{PMS}fishy said:
The oldest radeon card is the VE or 7000

Windows and Linux by defualt have basic VGA support for almost every video card. All you need to do is install the video card, and connect the monitor, load the os, and then load the proper video drivers.

Thanks for the heads up...was thinking the rage was a radeon :bang head

as {PMS}fishy says any vidio card will "work" with out the manufactorors drivers.

The oldest radion is the vivo 256(as in bit i guess??) ddr
They detect as 7000 or 7200(think???) now depending on drivers u put on.
I have/ had one( its in a flatmates pc now detected as a 7000)

Back