• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80 mm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

This is a challenge. trying to find a 80 mm radiator or heater core that could fit in a shuttle, use an 80 mm fan, and be worthwhile. I want to build a shuttle rig pretty soon that will have a 2 foot cpu water loop. the mcp600 is a perfect pump for this, all will likely use a maze 4, to save on the amount of tubing and fittings i will need to cram in there.

a system this small would be pretty prone to kinking as i still have no idea where the pump could fit. If my idea to extend the psu lines works, ill be able to have the power supply external to the case, which clears up a lot of space for the mcp600.
soo. im thinking a 3/8" system would be prefered. if 1/2" will fit, im all for it though.
another challenge is of course, to use a res or tline, or any. im thinking i can probably get away with a small t line for fill and bleed of the system.

which leaves me with the choice of a radiator. i would like to not use a BIM. im sure they are great for their size, but i would liek to check if there is better, and more importantly, is there a heater core in this size range that might fit.
its a long shot, but what can i say. I might be able to stuff it in the top, blowing up, but that will pose other problems. mainly, the prevention of installation of a cdrom drive, and a standard heater core would not fit with enough clearence for a large agp card.

ahh well. any input would be fantastic. its a stupid project. but man. it will be pretty cool.

Back