• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting my Subwoofer working with NF7-S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shoeby

Hey all could use some sound help. I've had these GE 5.1 speakers for forever and a day (don't laugh, they were free) and i'd just been using one speaker plugged into the subwoofer and then that plugged into my regular on board sound on my last motherboard. Now that i got the NF7-S with 5.1 support I wanted to hook all my speakers up. So i now have 4 little speakers all hooked up but my sub doesn't seem to be pumping bass.

I examined the back and this is what i've got on the back of my subwoofer. Rear Right IN, Rear Left IN, Front Right IN, Front Left IN, Front OUT, Rear OUT, and then there's an ac plug to power the subwoofer. I plugged the front out, into the Right/Left Front jack on the MB, and the Rear out into the Right/Left Rear jack on the MB.

I know that the MB has a seperate plug for Subwoofer, but I'm out of plugs, there isn't a seperate plug for the subwoofer. Current speaker system in the nforce control panel is set to 4 speakers.

How do I get my subwoofer thumpin?

would i set it to 6 speakers and check the create center channel button? If so how would this affect my front sound.

Thanks in advance for any help from a sound n00b

sounds more like a 4.1 system. You don't have inputs in the sub box, which houses the amplifier/s, for a center channel or a dedicated sub input. The computer should be set for 4 speakers or "quadraphonic".

The full audio spectrum should go to the front outputs, and some other stuff including bass to the rear, depending to what you're listening.

or something like that...

LOL nevermind. I'm retarded. *cough* turn up sub woofer sound *cough* LOL in my defense, i posted that at like 4 am. LOL and btw bateman, you were right they are 4.1, just looked them up online.

Back