• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a decent 2.8C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morbid

Nitpicker
I know all CPU's overclock differently, but, I just wanted to pass this by you guys and see what your thoughts are.

P4 2.8C - Q341A - SL6WT

Also, I picked up a Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 which should be fairly decent, I hope. I don't plan to overclock much, if I can hit 3GHz (which I'm sure I can), then I'll be happy.

Should have no problem hitting 3.2 gig and probably more with good cooling and a little extra vcore. If you are just going for 3 gig, then you should be able to do that with default voltage and stock cooling.

check my sig

im running a sl6wt and its memtest86 and prime 95 stable. run 30-31C under load and 20-22C idle. running at 1.625vcore settings in bios and reports it at 1.632 with mbm and asus prob. from what i experience with asus boards the vcore drops under load and as long as im under 1.7v i should be ok:)

Back