• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please people need help fast !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

Hi mates!!!
Need help with this little problem of mine :(
I had IC7 with 2.6c that was a poor o/c-er and I got my hands on another one that I could swap with mine. So I took it, took mine out and put this one in. It boots and BIOS says that CPU either dont work or have ben changed...
So I reset the BIOS and this time it says all the time...

CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded

On first boot it recognised the CPU correctly as 2.6 and HT and stuff. Problem is that I had my old o/c on and didn't have defaults in BIOS so maybe that had something to do with it...

I had reset BIOS at least 5-6 times since then...

Now it boots, peeps once like always, and directly after first time it beeps once more but softly and very low, but peep is there...

So anyone have any ideas on this one ???
I'm desperate. I have w/c and it took me a long time to install this one I don't want to repeat it for nothing. and also I don't have anywhere else to try any of this CPUs ( before monday but folder as I am I can't wait that long )

Please peeps !
Thank you for your time!

well it worked just fine untill like a min ago :(
I never noticed anything strange so I don't know about the battery :/

i did have similar problem with an asus p4p800 and asked same question .. the responses I got were:
1. change cmos battery
2. clear the bios and unplug the cmos battery at least 30mins and replug everything.
3. RMA .. :D

Update...
CPU is taken from a HP rig. Well I cleared CMOS, changed battery and stuff but nothing happened. After it beeps 2 times and gives me that message it just freezes :(
I thought something was dead so I tried and put my old CPU back in and everything works now. Problem is did I kill the other CPU somehow? :(

ive got a ic7-G and i sometimes get the "CPU unworkable or has been changed" message, even though its not OverClocked or changed whatsoever, i usually have to rboot sometimes or even remove CPU and replace it for it to work again..

Well this is beyond me :/ I'll see if I did kill the othe CPU and pay the fellow I guess.
Thank you for your time and help mates!

Back