• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what about U.S. Blaster (sounds system)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting assortment of products.
Some of it looks pretty good, some looks standard/Sony-ish.

However, I don't really know.
What were you looking at specifically?

I couldn't find it on the site. Maybe the english version is smaller.

My guess: 750 Watts is only its peak output; this means microsecond bursts and not continuous power. I think it's a deceptive act to use this value as a sound system's listed attribute. Here's a link to a fairly good 760 Watt amplifier. It's stereo and is probably about average for the size of a decent high-powered amplifier: it weighs almost 40 kilos and is a half meter wide and deep.

If this is the set you're talking about:
530070_pro_a.jpg

and I saw it listed for 30 euros, then you could do worse. However, the specs I read on it can't be true. The site I saw it on (had to do a search since I couldn't find it on USBlaster.com) listed the "sub" woofer as 20Hz - 150Hz. I can't imagine it going to 20 Hz, not by a long-shot!
More suspicious specs, and only suspicious specs!

If those are flat panel speakers: cheap flat panels almost always produce sound far inferior to traditional cone drivers. Monsoon flat panel speakers are probably the only adequate made-for-pc flat panel speakers that have been comercially sold.

At least it's pretty and cheap, but I expect that it's basically crap.
sorry to be such a downer..

Back