• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

benchmark scores...Good or Bad???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

Hey guys, I got my new Soyo SY-VCA mobo, and it works great so far. the only complaint is that the 3rd dimm slot is so far to the rear of the board that the cd-rom drive is right in the way. I installed a new celeron 800@100 fsb processor and it works great as well, i have played with OC'ing a bit, after letting it burn in for a couple of nights. I have gotten it up to 992 so far and it works really well on that setting. (I think it is at 124 fsb). At 133 fsb and 1076 it boots to windows then says that it has caused a protection fault (that the cache has done something). What can I do to fix this problem? i tried upping the voltage 1.5% that didnt work, then i tried 3% and that didnt work. What else is there that i can do? I have 133 speed ram, and 256 megs of it. My hard drive is an ata 100 7200 rpm one, and i have a mx200 video card. I also have a modified orb on the processor. (Modification being taking out the small fan from inside of it and putting a faster fan inside, and a 3 inch fan on top as well. Well, thanks for reading this and hopefully you will have some good tips.:D :cool:

does your soyo board have the autovoltage thing where you dont mess with the voltage? because if it doesnt i would suggest upping the voltage, and i dont think the soyo supports more than 1+ ghz w/o a bios update
which soyo board do you have? i have the sy-6vca

OH............the best benchmark I have gotten so far is 1335, with the video hunk of crap card at full OC. I get around 1100 to 1200 with no video OC. I get around 900-1100 with no cpu OC.:eek:

exact mobo

The mobo is the SY-7vca. It has voltage adjusments built into the bios. It also has a multiplier adjustment built in too. (although i am not sure what i am supposed to do with it.) I just set that one to 8 since the multiplier on the cpu is 8.

Re: exact mobo

TUK101 said:
The mobo is the SY-7vca. It has voltage adjusments built into the bios. It also has a multiplier adjustment built in too. (although i am not sure what i am supposed to do with it.) I just set that one to 8 since the multiplier on the cpu is 8.
I mean that the voltage is fully adjustable in the bios. I can munipulate it by up toa 10% adjusment.

hmmm
odd
well anyways i still recomend some better cooling if you want to push that baby

Back