• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS5 droped my temps about 15-17C!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

Wow, about last week, i finially applied some AS5 to my CPU. A friend bought the 12 gram tube, and let me borrow it to use it on my comptuer.

WOW!!!

My Idle used to be about 45'ish
My load used to be about 55-57'ish

NOW

My idle is around 30-32'ish
and my load is now about 37'ish.

On my load temps, that about 15-17C degrees!!!! and that is in celcius!

It helps too, that my room is in a basement, with no windows, or anything. All my walls are nothing but congrete, except for my wood door, My floor is concrete, and my cealing is concrete ( the front portch is my cealing )

According to MBM5 my temps at least when idle, are the same as the Case temps!

At the moment, on idle, my case temp AND my cpu temp is both 32C.

When load, that does change. but my load NEVER hits above 40C.

and i'm on AIR. now my Fan runs at about 7,500 RPM's. And i forget the exact model, but my HS is a cooler Master, with heatpipes. now that my temps are lower, i can actually get a fan that is alot quieter. my room sounds like a small tornado ( literally )

But i concider around a 15C temp drop pretty damn great!

and i have tried FULLY stressing my computer to the max. i had it so loaded, i'd try to move the mouse, it would take nearly 10 seconds for the mouse to move at all. I'd move it about an inch, it would take 10 seconds for it to move. temps NEVER hit above 40....actually they never did hit 40....

But to anyone thinking aboug getting or using AS5, DO IT. this stuff worked MUCH MUCH MUCH better than i ever expected.

oh and i was using the old regular white thermal paste that came with a HSF when you bought one brand new from a store.

yeah, thats because i was using really really crappy Thermal paste. and maybe after a while, because of the Fan spinning so fast, it probably vibrated the HS alot, and messed up the thermal connection too.

Most likely it was the re-seating that did most of the work. My temps are still high, but a simply 50mhz oc will make this thing really heat up! Makes me want watercooling and a new proc. :(

plus, my cpu is OC'd about 200Mhz...

yeah, not that much. 1 because i am on air, 2 my ram, 3 my motherboard isn't exactly made for overclocking.

Back