• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noise!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Camacho111

Guys from day one I have this noise problem over the speakers. Not sure what it is-But it appears on my speakers and HDD LED.

When I lets say I request a website the cracking sound gets faster, and heard on the speakers, while in idle there a pulsing crack heard on the speaker at the same time the HDD led are lit too. The noise is not loud at all-but noticable. Anyone ever had this problem before? I know its not the speakers.

I'm looking at Nvidia site. More and more, I think it a audio driver problem. They have software that allows you to use the mic input has a output which I'm utilizing right now for my 4.1 system.

I'm gonna try this thread in the Sound and Image section.

But What I don't get is the corresponding HDD flicker. I just don't see how that affects the sound.

It doesn't that I know of, its a quirk of WD HDDs, mine does the same thing but I'm using a SBL so I don't notice anything.

I know disabling APIC in BIOS before you load your OS has resolved this noise issue for many people. The problem is in order to do it you have to disable it and re-load Windows.

You can find more info on this in various forums, I spottted it first over at www.rojakpot.com forums. It works for some people not for others. OCing seems to compound the problem. Are your AGP\PCI buses locked?

Regards, Balrog

Back