• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird BSOD, need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Josebmw

A strange BSOD just popped up on my computer. I dont know what it is. I'm suspecting it's the memory, and I will run memtest86. I also left my computer on overnight, with the TV tuner on, and when I woke up, I could not get the monitor to display anything or the keyboard, though the TV sound was playing on the speakers. Kinda odd. Here is a picture of what happened, when I was playing a game:

weirdBSOD.JPG

If the picture does not work, follow this link(it's a cheapo webhosting, you have to manually copy paste in to the IE browser):

http://server21.netfirms.com/pics/weirdBSOD.JPG

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I would def say thatsa video card issue. U said you could still hear the TV tuner? thats a sign of the computer still being there. I have a similar problem where the tv image just freezes. I have a shaky video card, doesnt support SMP, so the agp bus is at 1x, not 8x where it should be.

So i guess video card. Not sure tho, hope you get it.

Yea, that could be it. Sometimes when I play games it crashes in to windows, or reboots even without a BSOD. I got a BSOD while I was online too that said "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" and then the usual stuff below it.

Directly downloading images is not permitted on the Netfirms FREE plan. If you are the owner of this site, either ensure that this image is embedded in a web page, or upgrade to one of the Netfirms premium plans.

So, I can't see the image...

Oh, another BSOD, "A driver corrupted pool memory used for holding pages destined for disk" This is getting very annoying. I used prime95, and I had no errors. I also ran memtest86 and no problems there too. Might be the video drivers. They are acting funny, when I want to change the resolution or the refresh rate, I have to restart the computer, even after several reinstall of the drivers. Any ideas?

Yea, I will try that when I get back to my desktop. With my first nforce 2 mobo I had some IRQ problems with the TV tuner. In every crash I get with the NF7, it's while the TV tuner is on.

Ok, I switched the TV Tuner with the sound blaster card. No crashes yet, looks like it worked, Thanks.

I got another BSOD again, with no explanation. I was not running the TV tuner this time. This is screwed up. I might have to reinstall windows, do you guys have any ideas of what else could cause this?

Wait and asnwer my question please. what pci slots are being used by what cards? I think it might be the slot the TV card was in and now the slot you have the sound card in. Try to leave that slot empty.

The TV tuner is in PCI slot 3 and the sound blaster is in the PCI slot 4 now. Yesterday, it was the other way around.

Alright, I will try that. So I should not move the TV tuner at all? I will get back to you when I got a chance to test it until tomorrow morning.

Ok, I moved it. Before I shut down the computer to put the soundblaster to slot 5, I got another BSOD saying "memory managment". I got two BSOD's while shutting off the computer (the computer was left on 6+ hours on both times), and a couple in the middle of gaming or watching TV. I will keep you posted if I get more crashes in the next days.

It looks like moving the sound blaster works, no crashes in the previous 24 hours. I will see if long term this is true, before I say windows is completely stable. Thanks guys

try running with no TV card and try crashing your PC.

(yes I do try crashing my PC when I get a new componet, like play 3 videos and 2 music apps, do some prime95 and burn in test and some graphics benchmarks all at ones for a few hours... no crashes).

1 time though I had weird red dots on my tft going down..... restart and all was fine and never happened again... that was 5 months ago....

Back