• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Abit IS7E NB cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edge386

I bought an Abit IS7e a little while back, and thinking it was busted when i got it, I RMAd it. the original fan on the NB was small with a blue plastic fan on it that said "FanEQ" . When I got my new mobo back, the fan was a taller flower shaped blue aluminum HSF with a clear fan in the center of the flower that only said "Abit". I've looked at the IC7 Max 3 and thats the same fan that is on my IS7e NB. Does anyone know if this fan has better cooling properties than the other smaller version? It iosnt a big deal to me (Im assuming it would have better cooling properties anyway than the older one because the Heatsink has MUCH more surface area) but with the fan being taller, it's now going to interfere with my Zalman VGA heatpipe cooler.

did you get back a new is7-e or did you eventually get a AI7, which has the same cooler and is the successor of the is7(-e)?

the cooler is definitely better than the old flat one. although it has a little smaller fan.

i have the is7-e too hand replaced the stock fan with the zalman NB47J:
nbcool.jpg

even this fanless cooler makes lower temperatures. (glued)

what do you mean exactly? (i'm not so good in english ^^)
i just removed the stock cooler and glued the zalman directly on the DIE with the zalman adhesive (the green/red one).
there's no heatspreader on the DIE, so i padded some foam between cooler and NB-plate. what else do you wanna know?

Ah, thank you both.

I was primarily wanting to know how you leveled the sink on the die. Thanks. :) -- Paul

Back