• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4.4 catalyst and 9700 pro issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital_Cowboy

I have an AIW 9700pro and since I installed the new 4.4 catalyst drivers, I have had this problem twice. My screen will go blank, and my computer will freeze. I know that my computer freezes because the clock on my lcd display on the front bezel of my case freezes. Could the reason be that my 9700 cant handle the new programmable shader code as well as the 9800's? Should I go back to the 4.2's?

I have the same problem, but not only with 4.4. I have discussed it in a thread that started about a different issue.

check here

I also have heard that there are many compatibility issues with 9700 Pro and AGP 8x motherboards.

My 9700pro crashes all the bloody time, I think my Gigabyte 8IP1000pro Mobo is not lovin the ATI goodness.

I just updated to 4.4 w/ my 9800 PRO and the card would have instant and many artifacts at the speed in my profile. I rolled back to the old one and its running just fine!

The cat 4.4's worked just fine on my AIW 9800 pro when I installed it for testing. Played NFSU, CoD, RTCW and not one problem. Also ran 3dnark01se.

With my Radeon 9700 Pro, all cats worked until 4.3, on 4.4 3dmark2001 would fail to run and had some stability isssues. The best are the cat 3.7's, the fastest and are stable.

Back