• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can i overclock my 2.4B with on this Intel Motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myth

Registered
Im on an Intel Pentium 2.4B on an 533mhz fsb Intel D845pesvl Motherboard with 512 of 333 ddr ram.My question is ,Is there a program that would let me raise the fsb of this motherboard because since its an intel motherboard i cant change the settings through the bios.In Fact I cant change any settings except for the Ram timings. Is there a program like "cpufsb" that will allow me to raise the fsb or something because im dying to overclock this pc but dont know how to go about it on this intel mb. Also NO I cant Upgrade my mb because I just bought this system for 200$ and dont have any more money/:(

the only way to overclock in those board is through softaware(like cpu fsb,CPUCOOL9.EXE..)but this will be very limited overlock
because there is no option for vcore u could get about 200-300mhz may be less .there is some work here if u are looking for serious overclock u sould done a vcore mode for this mobo (alow u to raise vcore)
good luck

makaka said:
the only way to overclock in those board is through softaware(like cpu fsb,CPUCOOL9.EXE..)but this will be very limited overlock
because there is no option for vcore u could get about 200-300mhz may be less .there is some work here if u are looking for serious overclock u sould done a vcore mode for this mobo (alow u to raise vcore)
good luck

thanks but 1 more question,In cpu fsb how would I know what my PLL chipset thing is from the list they have. Example: "Winbond"

Ok nevermind I found the PLL for my motherboard on my own with CPU FSB and managed to overclock it. I can Only raise the
FSB (default being 133mhz.) of my motherboard with the default bus speed being 533.3mhz. My multiplier is locked at 18.0. Now my question is,what is the highest and safest value that I can increase my FSB to without damaging my hardware? Right now I have the FSB at 137mhz and that raised the Bus speed to 549.3mhz and have my cpu now running at 2471.9mhz default being 2399.1mhz,I want to raise it higher than that but I am afraid that I might damage something. Also I forgot to mention that after I raised my FSB to 137mhz.My ram Frequency went from the Default of 166.7mhz to 171.7mhz. Is this setting safe? How do I know the limit of my ram and how or if its damaging it and does higher frequency mean faster ram?. Im sorry for all the questions but this is my first overclock on p4,I havent overclocked anything since my Pentium 2 400 so im kind of rusty with all this.One last thing. Since most of this stuff depends on cooling ,My other question is will My Northwood Pentium 4's 2.4B Stockfan/heatsink combo and my 350watt power supply be enough to overclock to lets say 3.0ghz?And also I have 2 case fans ,one fan with air coming in from the back of the case and one fan with air going out from the top of the case. Is this setup sufficient for overclocking to 3.0ghz? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Look for an option somewhere in the bios where the options are synchronous/asynchronous, sorry can't remember the exact name. If you can find this set to asnychrnous and see how high you can get.

If not, max you should go on FSB is 150. (600)

man_utd said:
Look for an option somewhere in the bios where the options are synchronous/asynchronous, sorry can't remember the exact name. If you can find this set to asnychrnous and see how high you can get.

If not, max you should go on FSB is 150. (600)

I checked the bios and I dont have this option.(Im on an Intel D845pesvl mb) thats probably why. But thanks anyway. Also What is this Agp/pci lock thing I keep hearing about and how do I know if My MB has it(because it doesnt say anything about it in bios) and also why is it bad to raise fsb without this agp/pci lock thing that I keep hearing about?

Back