• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling a mobile 2500_ amd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mack936

Registered
what is a good fan to cool this cpu? it's not being overclocked if this helps! i am putting this system together and looking for good fan

thanks

abit nf7-s mb
amp xp2500+ mobile
512 meg pc 2700
antec psu
un named case
nvidia xfx 5200fx agp video 128 meg ddr memory
ibm 40 gig hd
fujitsu 20 gig hd
sunami cdr+r/w

if it is not going to be overclocked then you could just blow on it ever so often and that will work. :) those things run very cool at stock. only 1.45v stock!

If your not going to oc, why did you get a mobile lol? Anything made by thermalright is good, but if you arent overclocking I recomend this thing:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-114-011&depa=1

It is very cheap, copper, and fairly quiet. Also, the fins are neither pressed nor soldered on, but the entire sink is actualy cut from a block of copper. My grandmother got one and her 1800+ runs at 34c idle, 44c load with no mods.

Radical said:
I'd get an SP-97 and a Panaflo L1A if you want something quiet.

That would be a waste of money. He is not going to overclock so he does not need a $50 heatsink to keep it cool. As has been already stated almost any relatively decent HSF will suite his needs.

I use a Themaltake Silent Boost Heatsink with my Mobile 2500, it's pretty quiet and does the job. My motherboard forces me to pump 1.575v into the CPU, minimum (it won't recognize the processor). That is still less than what a standard desktop Athlon CPU requires.

At that voltage, I can very easily get 2200Mhz out of the CPU. I actually run it a little faster than that. My temps are great... probably in line or maybe even less than what I'd get with a stock Athlon 3200+. I've pushed it much further, but over 2200Mhz for a $93 processor is just fine :D

I think you are wasting your CPU running it at stock speeds!! ;)

If you get the heatsink I suggested, you may want to lap it for it to be the most effective.

Back