• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3 OC and Geforce3 not possible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bureso

Registered
I have just bourght a Hercules Prophet 3 card and have had a lot of problems, I could not seem to make it work in any games or in 3D Mark 2001, until I tryed to set my bios to defalt and returned to standart clock-speed on me CPU,(P3 800E @ 852) and after that no problems.
My question is:

Why can I not OC my CPU after installing a Geforce3, I have read a lot of treats in this forum and it seems that others don't seem to have a problem, I hope someone have an idea so that I can get my CPU up to speed.

I have the latest bios for my MB
Video driver 12.90

Asus CUSL2
P3 800E
384 MB 133 Apacer RAM
300 PSU
Creative 5.1 player
IBM 75 GXP 30 GB

Thanks
Bureso

Bureso, welcome to the Forums!!:) Your sig says you have 384meg of memory. Is that all one DIMM? or multiple DIMMS?

I've had problems running two sticks of the same exact memory and oc'in a GeForce 2MX. As soon as I removed a stick of RAM, I was golden...might be worth a shot.

What method did you use to remove your old card and upgrade to the GeForce 3? You might want to try switching your adapter type to "Standard VGA" , then reapplying the drivers. Good luck, keep us posted!

Thanks for your Velcomm WillysNut! :)

I have 3 Dimms, but I have had no problems with my ojd Hercules Prophet Geforce 2 GTS, I have, from day 1 (almost)set my CPU clock speed to 952MHz becauce it just turned out that it was completly relyable at that speed, and before that I had a Prophet 2 MX card and also without any problems. But I will try to remove one stick of ram at a time, and se what happens, but I don't think I can find the time in the next 2-3 days, but i will let you know how it goes.

I removed my old drivers in the add and remove programs, and I have also tryed to switch to "standard VGA drivers" and then install the new drivers, no difference. What is the correct way to remove an old driver, and install a new one?

Thanks again

Bureso

Back