• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which NForce2 MOBO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jerry123

Registered
I'm new to OC'ing and want to buy a nForce2 Ultra Mobo.

Choice between 3 mobo's:
1. Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
2. Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2
3. MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR

Which mobo will be the best for OC'ing.
Have got Trancend PC3200 512MB Ram.

WELCOME

The best NF2 motherboards are the NF7's and DFI rev B's...

But out of the 3 listed...the Asus would be the better of the 3...

I am a former A7N8X Deluxe user...and my NF7-S rev 2.0 blows it out of water when it comes to overclocking and stability...

Not too sure of the ram you have...

Also...dont go cheap on your PSU...that is the heart of any system...especially when overclocking...

TX for the mobo suggestions....

I'll look at the NF-7 and DFI's.
What is the price comparison between the NF-7, DFI's and the other 3 mobo's?

Also...there is a possibility to upgrade current Trancend PC3200 for Kingston Original PC3200 or Samsung PC3200.....what is difference? Which are the better option?

I'm running a XP 2600+

Personally, if you are gonna buy a DFI mobo (+- $100-150). I would strongly encourage you to look at PC4000 RAM, not PC3200.

DFI makes full use of fast RAM.....also....buy a second BIOS chip.. (see sig)

You dont wanna have to go thru this hassle

Sentential said:
Personally, if you are gonna buy a DFI mobo (+- $100-150). I would strongly encourage you to look at PC4000 RAM, not PC3200.

DFI makes full use of fast RAM.....also....buy a second BIOS chip.. (see sig)

You dont wanna have to go thru this hassle

Excuse my ignorance....but will the DFI site (Lanparty NFII Ultra B) it said compatible with DDR 400?

Will PC4000 work on the DFI?

You can use virtually any kind of DDR you want with the NF2 boards. So yes, the PC4000 will work at DDR400 speeds, but you will be running it way below its potential (DDR500). The idea is that you buy the faster RAM and then overclock it. Be aware that most NF7's these days aren't able to overlock very well unless modded, which is dangerous. They're hit or miss, so to say. DFI's are known to be overclockable out of the box.

Hope this helps,

Odie

dfi with mobile barton ----> highest overclock (240+ fsb) (stable)
abit with mobile barton----> high overclock (220+) (very stable)
make your choice

soltek 75frnl-250 fsb out of the box like the dfi
dfi infinity-250 fsb out of the box very good mobo
leadtek nforce 2 mobo- forgot name but it does 240 fsb out of the box

Back