• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

92mm Panaflo or Enermax?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Borgod

Registered
OK, Just fired up my new machine lastnight, the 92mm Tornado is WAY too loud so I need something quieter that will still push a decent amount of air.

I've narrowed it down to either the 92mm Panaflow (high speed model) or the 92mm Enermax (with adjustable RPM switch).
I already have a FlowerMaster Fan Master Controller.
This couldnt control the Tornado incidentally, the fan just totally stopped when I was adjusting the RPM (yes I turned off the PC very quickly).

What do you guys think.. panaflo or enermax? Panaflo have an excellent reputation, yet by the technical stats, Enermax is quite a bit better (significantly quieter with minimal loss in cfm).

Panaflo - 56.8cfm @ 35dBA
Enermax - 52cfm @ 30dBA

my vote is on the Enermax because dba is not measured linearly but is a log scale

The true specs on them are.
..Panaflo = 35.0 dBA @ 2850 rpm/ 57.00 cfm
Enermax = 34.3 dBA @ 2800 rpm/ 64.15 cfm

I recommend the Panaflo,it has more air pressure and a better motor. It's not as whinny as the Enermax either, IMHO..How about a Panaflo 92mm U1BO on a controller...3450 rpm @ 68.80 cfm / 43. dBA @ full tilt..Thats what I run on my SP-94 HS. The fan can be obtained at digikey.com Enter item# P11044-ND..$8.50 +..
See sig of rig..The U1A has the same exact specs as the U1BO.:D

Which Enermax 92mm fan has 2800rpm?? On the box of Enermax adjustable UC-9FAB is written 2500rpm max. So, what are the true specs??
image.php
In this REVIEW is also written that this fan has only 2500rpm max. Is it the old version or something??

Model No. UC-9FAB
RPM......................... 1800........ 2300...... 2800
Rated Voltage.......... 12V.......... 12V......... 12V
Rated Current......... 0.13A...... 0.20A..... 0.28A
Power Input......... 1.56W........ 2.4W..... 3.36W
Air Flow(max).... 47.34CFM* 52.25CFM* 64.15CFM
Noise.................... 28.0dB...... 32.6dB... 34.3dB

SOURCE

* Right side of page..1/2 way down..The specs don't really have a written in stone meaning to me..I've run the fan and seen the rpm's in my bios..The noise the fan makes is my only point, other than the higher air pressure produced by the Panaflo..
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've heard a ton of great things about Panaflo fans, and I dont think I've heard one person complain about it crapping out on them prematurely, while enermax I am not too familiar with, but I was looking into the 80mm panaflos myself for my case (Its as loud as a microwave with my antec fans!!!) and possibly a 92mm panaflo for my zalman cnps7000a-CU Im not getting enough air from my Zalman stock fan

I have 3 panaflo fans, 1 92mm and 2 120mm that has been running since april 2001 24x7 with about 2 months downtime due to vacation. They haven't failed yet and sounds the same as when I first got them.

ya Panaflo all the way :)

Arch recommended them to me a while ago .. and now I use a 92mm 68cfm one for my cpu.. 92mm 56cfm for a blowhole.. and 2x 80mm 39cfm's for intake and two more for exhaust :)

Im very happy with them.. actually considering getting another for the side panel..

archilochus said:
The true specs on them are.
..Panaflo = 35.0 dBA @ 2850 rpm/ 57.00 cfm
Enermax = 34.3 dBA @ 2800 rpm/ 64.15 cfm

I recommend the Panaflo,it has more air pressure and a better motor. It's not as whinny as the Enermax either, IMHO..How about a Panaflo 92mm U1BO on a controller...3450 rpm @ 68.80 cfm / 43. dBA @ full tilt..Thats what I run on my SP-94 HS. The fan can be obtained at digikey.com Enter item# P11044-ND..$8.50 +..
See sig of rig..The U1A has the same exact specs as the U1BO.:D

The enermax specs are quite confusing, as I too have seen the 34.3 dBA @ 2800rpm/64.15cfm figure but all the reviews seem to have the max rpm at 2500.
Given this confusion, and indeed everyones high regard for the Panaflow, Im going to look into getting a Panaflow 92mm U1BO since it will be connected to my Fan Master anyhow.
I havent seen that model of Panaflo anywhere where I am (in Australia) so I might have to settle for the model just below - 56.8cfm @ 2850rpm/35dBA.

Thanks for all the opinions guys.

OK, I cant find the Panaflo 92mm U1BO anywhere in Australia :/
Only the 56.8cfm model unfortunately

Thats exactly what Im doing now, thanks mate :)

Does that model include the connector needed to connect straight to my controller?

The part number is FBA09A12U1BO
The 1BO would indicate that it does, but im not sure if it's the correct type. Also what does the 'O' mean... in the specs pdf it says 'S+Z'
What does that mean?

Im happy that this model includes the Sensor wire :)

Borgod, here's a pic of the fan. No connector on the tail end of the wires. Do you have on of these connectors laying around, like in the link below..:)
O = locked rotor alarm sensor and solid corner housing.
B = 3 leads/ neg.* pos.* sensing

There is no rpm sensing capability..( tach )

FBA09A12U1BO.jpg

photo by Digikey:rolleyes:
CLICK HERE

Yep found the fan and was about to go through with it, then I discovered the crazy international shipping prices.
I have emailed them, I'll see what they have to say about shipping one to me.

Back