• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

really slow boot..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

symnzXx

hey, i wanted to ask about a particular problem i've been having ever since i switched hard drives. i am using an 80gb maxtor ultra ata 133 hard drive, and i am experiencing very slow boot times. it takes about 9-10 seconds after pressing the button to power on my computer for the monitor to turn on and for it to actually start booting. i'm sure its the HD because i've tried switching them and it didn't boot slow like it normally does. any way for me to check if there is something wrong with my hd?

system specs:
shuttle av41p mobo
intel p4 2.6/533
samsung 1.5gb pc2700 ddr
radeon9200 128mb ddr

kinda sounds like a bios recognition snag, not sure though

edit: it's set as the first boot device right?

Also, check that the HDD's cache is enabled. But the most likely cause if auto-detection being enabled.

check all connections make sure they are secure....make sure u do as they said above...make sure you Defrag with diskeeper8.0 and use TuneXP then defrag after that also

Back