• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how high of a fsb with stock nb? nf7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That would depend on your RAM, processor default FSB and whether or not you got a good overclocking mobo.

With your PC2100 RAM don't expect to reach any high FSB speeds. And with that mobile cpu, you also might need to do the L12 mod.

maxima88 said:
With your PC2100 RAM don't expect to reach any high FSB speeds. And with that mobile cpu, you also might need to do the L12 mod.

I doubt they will have to do the L12 wire trick since I seriously doubt their PC2100 will reach 200+FSB settings ;)...

But if/when they get new/better ram...then if they start to run into issues going past 220 or so on the FSB...then they should do the L12 wire trick...

I agree with glock19owner.
His right, his Pc2100 won't probably go over 200MHz.
There's no need for the L12 for these speeds. If he'll get a new ram that's another thing.

Suma.

Mem:crucial pc2100 @ 195 3.3.3.11 vdimm 2.9
Check you local Bestbuy. They are having a Value RAM sale. I found some Hynix D43 (aka PC4000) for $90 with tax.

With rebates ($25) it birings down the price to $60 for 2x256 DC pack

lol i dont think anyone understood my question. i didnt ask high high my fsb can go :) with pc2100 and just to let u guys know ive had it at 200 running fine dont know if it was prime stable but all my games ran fine ut2k4 q3 halo. And i just got some pc3500 ram in the mail today.So my queation was how high of a fsb can i go before thinking about extra cooling for the north bridge ? thanks :) to anyone who ansers this :)

im runing the stock northbridge cooler. hell, stock crappy thermal paste aswell lol. currently 235mhz is the highest ive managed, but with audio problems. I'm gonna sort the cooling out soon and head for the skies:D

ok so i dont need to replace the stock cooler if i dont get over 230 fsb :)
sb i think i will add one and mosfets are getting some cooling too
thanks for the replys :)

Back