Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

T line???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-22-04, 05:30 PM Thread Starter   #1
mw521

T line???

Oh, found some goodies at store and had another brainstorm session. I gotta get me a real camera one of these days. This is a one half inch replacement air compresser filter with a polycarbonate bowl, measures 2 inches diameter by 4 and a half tall. The black thing is a screw or nail container I found at Home Depot in the nuts and bolts section, the top has a slit in it but the bottom just slips off and fits this perfect.

Now, what to do with all these thingies?? What else, take em apart!!!!!!!! Remove the top of filter, valve on bottom but keep the threaded part and gasket, add a T, couple of barbs, bottom from the little parts container I found at Home Depot and bend ya a piece of aluminum, drill a couple of holes, BAM! 15 mins ya got a reservoir.
[IMG]
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/...013238res1.jpg[/IMG]

Anudder shot

mw521 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-22-04, 05:31 PM Thread Starter   #2
mw521

Oops, forgot one.

Old 04-22-04, 05:39 PM   #3
Voodoo Rufus
Powder Junkie Moderator

10 Year Badge

Pretty nice MW. Do I see more stainless barbs there?

Serious Gamers Halo Custom Edition
Green Leaves!
Voodoo Rufus is offline SETI Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-22-04, 05:44 PM Thread Starter   #4
mw521

Sho nuff!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-04, 05:48 PM   #5
Xenocide

wow thats pretty hot, let us know how it works

Old 04-23-04, 12:04 AM   #6
brisk

wow..looks good. how much did it cost and does it get rid of air bubbles easily? but that looks real good..lol
brisk is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-23-04, 12:10 AM   #7
ILikeMy240sx

That's some awesome idea!!!

It's sure going to help the filling part of the fill/bleed process but i think bleeding process will be the same as having a regular T-line BUT its still SWEET
ILikeMy240sx is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-23-04, 05:45 AM   #8
The Big One

very nice

בדק בית,ליקויי בניה,בדיקת קרינה ,Cell Phone
The Big One is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-23-04, 09:46 AM   #9
TheGhengisKhan
BANNED TROLL -Per Silversinksam

lol, I was in HomeDepot the other night and was considering that screw/nail container as a res, but couldn't figure out a way to seal off the top without making it look too ghetto (making things ghetto style is ok for me, just so long as it doesn't look like it )
Very nice combination of parts there. Now if I could just find something like that filter with 2 spots for barbs to make a proper res out of it. I personally prefer a res to a tee line for the quickness of bleeding the lines.
TheGhengisKhan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-23-04, 05:39 PM Thread Starter   #10
mw521

I got that filter at the local hydraulic air compressor goodie store. It was 14 bucks. Anyone that sells air compressors and accessories should have one. They have them at Home Depot but not quite as big. Here is where I got mine, we have a store here locally.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...70&langId=%2D1
Old 04-24-04, 08:52 PM Thread Starter   #11
mw521

Update. Ran unit, using eheim 1060, dangerden rbx #5 nozzle, chevette radiator, danger den maze 4 in loop. I am using silicone tubing from Mcmasters which helped a bit. Unit is very easy to fill, put it before pump which primed it, used silicone lines to "milk" air from system, just squeeze them in several locations and bubbles will go thru resevoir. I am going to mount it on back of comp since I am running pump and rad outside. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.p...hreadid=287899
Anyway, the gist of it is that it works fine, I enlarged hole in bottom valve to size of threaded section a bit larger than a quater inch, forgot to look at bit size.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop