• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How important is it for AS5 to "set up"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

24Gordon

Registered
It seems I'm taking my heatsink off my CPU for some reason or another about once a month or so. And everytime I put new AS5 on. I have my computer folding 24/7, and most of the time I don't feel like shutting off my comptuer for an hour so everything cools down to room tempature for the thermal cycles suggested in the AS5 instructions.

So my question is, does it really make that much of a difference if you do the thermal cycles with AS5? On their site it says from 2C to 6C difference. The tempature changes so much in my room, I have no idea if it's lowering or not.

More importantly, do you have to do them right as you put the AS5 on? For instance, if I do one thermal cycle a week for 9 weeks, will it still work the same as if I did 3 cycles a day for the first 3 days after application?

Thanks.

i dont think that it would make a measurable difference.
its going to settle into all the cracks one way or another.

Back