• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need your help making BF:Vietnam run without glitches

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I have the system thats listed in my sig....and the game has hickups like crazy......it will run fine for 80% of the game.....but if it has to load anything new it hickups.....ie I zoom in on another cyber jocky and it hickups and I die.....I am in a plane battle or I am bombing other cyber misfits and the game starts actually frezzing for seconds at a time......this is very frustrating because if there is enough things on the screen I end up in the trees before my computer stops eating the big weenie.......I was tinkering with the idea that its the fact that I only have 512 ram, but alot of people claim the game runs fine on their 256 meg systems....and if they had the same problems as me they would not say it ran fine.....I tried turning off my page file, thiking my drive was running slow or to full, but it kicked me back out to the good ol winBlows desktop then the liitle helpfull ballon in the bottom right says not enough virtual memory, so now I am going to try and make it 1024 min and 1024 max for my page file, this I doubt will help......I have made sure I am running the 3.10 cats and set the audio buffer to 400 and have AA and AF to App preference......I am running the latest everything downloadable from nVidias web site for my mother board even the seperate IDE and Sound drivers........I would consider reformating but I just spent 3 days on setting up this computer to run as an apache web server, and do not wish to do that again, besides it is a sad thing if the #1 recomendation is to REFORMAT! the harddrive, good ol WINEATSME.......if anyone can think of something that may be causing these hickups please inform me, maybe my 9800pro and 4000+ or so processor with a 440fsb at 5222 JUST CANT CUT IT on such a GRAPHICALLY INENSIVE GAME *gag* thanks so much for the help

treepop

What are the video settings for the game set at. I'm currently running the game with the rig listed below. I use 1024x768x16. All details at high.

If I try 1280x1024x16, it won't run for me. Your card would at least run. 32 bit color is also a TON for your card to process.

are you running (good ol WINEATSME) windows ME ????

if so, this is the problem IMHO...sorry.
btw, please try the CAT 3.7's as it has helped a few peeps.

btw, are you sure it's not ping related...the stuttering I'm talking about.

mica

Back