• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BTD43 chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
has anyone had experience with these chips? or know how good they are?

They kick ***.... see meh sig (Im CPU limited ATM)

They dont necessararly like voltage. Anything over 2.8v is really excessive.

Currentally 244mhz using 2.5 - 3 - 4 - 11 @ 2.7v

i got a pair of these and stuck heatspreaders a couple days ago , and im waiting for my sp-97 to come so i can oc my m2500+ to the max , so basically i was wondering if these were as good as bh-5 since the seller told me it was better.

so basically i was wondering if these were as good as bh-5 since the seller told me it was better.

It depends....what mobo? (assuming DFI) If you can get it into the 260-270 range, then absolutly.

@ 245-250 it is equal to BH5 @ around 235-240.

PC4k is usually about 15-20 mhz behind BH5 in bandwith.

Sentential said:

They kick ***.... see meh sig (Im CPU limited ATM)

They dont necessararly like voltage. Anything over 2.8v is really excessive.

Currentally 244mhz using 2.5 - 3 - 4 - 11 @ 2.7v

do you have a link to these sticks you bought? and where?

also post info as to model#

if im not mistaken these are the same chips used on pc4000-4200 also.

Yes deathsatar 13 they are used on pc 4k 4200 sticks. Corsair uses them on there 4000 sticks for sure. The best and cheapest way to find em is go to best buy or circuit city when they have a good deal on pc 2700 or pc 3200 value ram. 2700 or 3200 512 sticks can be found for 80 bucks after rebate. The 2*256 kits for pc 3200 KVR can often be found for 70 bucks or so. I have 2* 256 and 1 512 for a gig running dual channel @ 250 2.5-3-3-3-11 @ 2.8v on a dfi lan party b.

well that means i have some research to do shopping wise.
my plans were 2x adata pc4000 vitesta

but options are always good :)

The adata will still get you higher fsb. Maxvla has some running @ fsb 300 not stable but you get the picture. The hynix though is very good and an unbeatable value. It really depends on what you want to spend and how high your gonna take it. A data would be a waste for me as My board tops out around 260 and isn't capable of running any better timings then I have right now.

do you have a link to these sticks you bought? and where?
Bought mine @ Bestbuy for $100 (2x256). It was KHX PC3200 Value RAM

They have several rebates goin for the Value RAM right now

I saw some Hynix in PC2700 (512MB) that were $89 a piece. After $35 MIR...the price brought em to $56

My DC pack was $100 with a $10 MIR

If its Hynix... it will say so loud and clear

Hynix
412CA A
########BTD-43

And yes you are correct this is bonified PC4k RAM.... see sig. Im being limited by my Tbred right now @ 243mhz using 2.5-3-4-11 @ 2.7v

Last edited:
I believe that the BT-D43 should work better on the DFI since it is more likely to do 250. Most of the time it is being used on Intel rigs, but a few guys are starting to use it on their AMD systems. It should be interesting to see what it will do there.

It is, without question, the best value out there right now if you can get it with the MIR. My only complaint is that I haven't had any luck finding it in 512 sticks. The 256 is pretty easy to find at the local BB in the dual packs, at least that's how I've seen it.

Reefa_Madness where do you live again?

Im a local remember?

Check the BB on Atlantic Ave / Arlington Expressway (by JU / Beach)

That has *several* sticks of Hynix 512MB

Check the Best Buy on Atlantic Ave / Arlington Expressway (by JU / Beaches / Regency Mall)

They had *several* matching pairs. Thats where I bought mine. BTW its PC2700...just Ignore that its still BTD43

I asking and you're telling me, all at the same time. Is that the one near the "old mall"?

And yes, I remember you're a local "flying high above Jax". Are we playing on words here, bud? Just don't come down hard.

BTW, I'm just south of mandarin at JCP (Racetrack Rd).

You think someone would actually get off their behind and go look through their stock for me? I would rather go myself anyway and try to match dates, as well. How long is that MIR good for, do you remember?

You think someone would actually get off their behind and go look through their stock for me? I would rather go myself anyway and try to match dates, as well. How long is that MIR good for, do you remember?
Tommorow is the last day... I'd go while you can. You cant beat $56 for a 512MB stick of BTD43. Besides the morons didnt even know what they were looking at. They laughed when I said that this stuff is PC4000

See sig.... 243mhz (limited by Tbred)... thats some good VALUE Ram alright:p

BTW, just messing with you about play on words. If we ever meet, I'll explain mine (Reefa_Madness). It is and isn't what you would think.

Back