• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with MX700 mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avesta

I bought the Cordless Elite Duo and im having a problem with the MX700 mouse. Every 30 - 60 seconds the pointer freezes up for about 0.5 - 1 seconds and then continues to work normally after the frozen period, but it keeps happening.

I even rebooted and I even reset the connection between the mouse and the base, and I even reinstalled the software from scratch.
My base is positioned far away from my monitor...no interferences, i dunno whats wrong, can someone make any suggestions?

It kind of sounds like something with software to me. If you have it hooked up via USB, it takes up system resources so some other intesnsive task could be taking priority. Check task manager and see if any program's cpu usage jumps way up when your mouse freezes.
So, try hoking it up using the PS/2 adapter. If that dosn't work, try it on another computer. If it still acts up maybe it's time for an RMA.

One last thought: You did charge it awhile, right.

30 to 60 seconds all the time sounds like software problem...

spyware? system monitors? anti virus?

try using the mouse and keyboard without the logitech software? disable it from starting up at all...

regards

I have the MX500 mouse, and I was seeing the same thing happen when I was using the Logitech mouseware. I uninstalled it, and then installed the mouse drivers without the mouseware and the problem went away. Logitech has instructions on how to extract the drivers from the mouseware on the download section of their website. Hope this helps :)

OK I uninstalled a bunch of crap programs on my computer, Im going to wait and see it that helps. If it doesn't I'll be forced to run off of the XP drivers.

Ok it doesn't look like it helped, I'm still having the same problem.

So should I uninstall both mouseware and iTouch? or just mouseware?

Btw, the stupid mouse cursor moves by itself when im not even touching the mouse too.....

I have had multiple issues with many different logitech drivers/software, mainly with their mouseware. Might want to watch out as the last time I uninstalled my mouseware it rendered windows inoperable.

Good luck.

(and don't use logitech software :) )

avesta said:
Btw, the stupid mouse cursor moves by itself when im not even touching the mouse too.....
That can happen when a piece of dust is in the hole where the red light comes out (whatever that's called) Try blowing in to it to clean it out. You might try using a mousepad if the surface you're using it on now is too reflective.

Andyman902042 said:

That can happen when a piece of dust is in the hole where the red light comes out (whatever that's called) Try blowing in to it to clean it out. You might try using a mousepad if the surface you're using it on now is too reflective.

Yea I tried putting the mouse on a stack of paper and the cursor movement stopped. So I guess it was the surface, Im going to get one of those Func mousepads.

But until then I still need to fix this freezing up problem, I think im going to uninstall the mouseware, should I uninstall iTouch as well? (keyboard software)

avesta said:

Yea I tried putting the mouse on a stack of paper and the cursor movement stopped. So I guess it was the surface, Im going to get one of those Func mousepads.

But until then I still need to fix this freezing up problem, I think im going to uninstall the mouseware, should I uninstall iTouch as well? (keyboard software)

I would be prepared for a complete reformat. Back up your data before you do (see previous post, note url within text).

On the func thing, I currently own one (coupled with an mx700) and swear by it.

Ive actually already uninstalled all the logitech software once and reinstalled it and I never had that problem.

avesta said:
Ive actually already uninstalled all the logitech software once and reinstalled it and I never had that problem.

If thats the case I would just uninstall and use the default mouse drivers that Windows supplies. I currently use default Windows mouse drivers and it works well (can't use the fifth button though).

AGampher said:

If thats the case I would just uninstall and use the default mouse drivers that Windows supplies. I currently use default Windows mouse drivers and it works well (can't use the fifth button though).

But what about the iTouch software for the keyboard? Should I uninstall that too?

If you're not having problems with installing/unintstalling your mouseware and logitech software, I would unintall one thing at a time. Try the mouseware and drivers first, if it still persists, try the iTouch. I wouldn't think the iTouch for your keyboard is causing a conflict, but I wouldn't put it past logitech.

Ok, well I'm going to try it later this afternoon after I pick up a Func mousepad.

I will try running off the XP drivers...I will keep posted.

Back