• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best mobo out there for overclocking a 3.2C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

login211

just getting some info for a friend who's putting together a new pc

what's the best board out there for intel cpus right now?

thanks

Good choices I agree with both, these boards seem to be the top of the line right now for the P4's. I went ahead with the Msi pt880 neo lsr just because I have a golden 2.53ghz Sl6s2 and am testing if your wondering about my sig.

Would the Gigabyte boards, give you more solid, overclockering or stability, because of the dual power.

I haven't seen a good clean answer on that one. Some I've seen using the board say 'good', some say they can't use it to o/c.
From what I've heard, it's the 'extra' bios settings the Gigabyte is lacking (for higher voltages) and not that the board won't o/c (would be limited without mo volts).

Abit IC7 Max3 or IC7-G Max2, they are very good; but at the begining they may give you some issues with old hardware.

How about the original IC7? How is that when compared to the IC7-G Max2? The Max 3 seems to have alot of goodies that I don't necessarily need.

If you don't have a budget limit, Abit IC7-MAX3 is an obvious choice to me. A flagship borad from a manufacturer which is well-known to produce good overclockable board.

Leviathan41 said:
What if you do have a budget, what's the best P4 mobo under/around $130

Abit AI7 has very good reputation. And I'm going to build my new rig with this mobo.

i have the AI7 too. can't overclock my P4 higher than with my old IS7-E.
once bought it because of the ram-v-core (up to 3.2, some overvolting), but then i realised that i need only 2.6V up to 270MHz...

i would not buy the Ai7 another time cause of the crappy uGuru...

Back