• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Awesome System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

Here is what I have set up so far:

Sapphire Radeon 9800pro

Epox MoBo

P4 3200Ghz

2 512DDR EMS LL 3200 Corsairs

ChiefTec Case
(i will be getting a chieftec, not this one..rather a black or blue one with no power supply and get a non cheapo one)

Major things I need to figure out:
Since I do plan on overclocking very soon would there be a better CPU to get? for instance...would like a barton overclock to better speeds or is this better? or should i go to AMD 64 3200? I'm looking for speed really...I would hope OC'ing a 2600 mobile or something similair wouldn't actually being faster then an AMD 64 3200 OC'd a little....

In the future(very soon after I build system but don't OC yet) I plan on setting up water cooling...how effective is this? are there tests of the diff with charts somewhere? I looked into it a bit and saw an Eheim 1048 or was it 1046 i forget..the one 1/2" on both...w/e...and Innovatek stuff for all the cooling...where are the best places for this? what can i plan on having to spend on it all?

Sould I go with a fast reg cd drive and a dvd rom/burner combo both? would this be a good idea?

I think this is pretty much it...thx for any help

Back