• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PHP file? What opens these?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

A poster needs to know, he downloaded a driver, and its a PHP file. What opens these?, And what Is it anyway?

Thanks, Ive never come across this type file.

If i dont answer back, could someone goto vidio and sound and then to nvidia and answer for him? His thread is Recently installed a Ti4200 from a FX5200.............. Thanks in advance.

Im leaving town till sunday, and i dont want him sitting round not being able to use his card.

Harry

Any webbrowser will open it, when it is hosted on a server with PHP installed

www.php.net will install PHP server files on your system

BUT you would also need a webserver to view them Locally, SO... www.apache.org would be your next stop to install the HTTP server.

all that said, if you would just like to see the contents of a PHP file and read the code, open it in any text editor, I use EditPlus, but notepad will do

If he downloaded a driver and it turned out ot be a PHP file he probably downloaded the page which the link to the driver is on rather than the driver itself. If he has a download acclorator or anything like that try turning it off and trying again.

Back