• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet One Pump Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bevman

I am a WC newbie, and like many other Noo-Bs in this area I am looking to set up my system. While looking for a inexpensive pump I came across this one.

So here is my question. Has anyone treid the "Quiet One" 1200 pump and if so how does it perform?

To me it looks good for WC for the following reasons.

1 Price
2 Good rated gph and head (296 X 6)
3 Designed for submersed or inline use (vice Aqua Via)
4 Operational cost (Eletricty here is a B**ch)

Place to buy pump.

Second Place

Here is some info I found about the pump.

Information about pump

Opinoins?

Mine was very quiet at first, however recently it's been making some noise. I don't know if it's air, but I've drained and refilled the system a few times and it still does it. Like you said, it has good specs for the price, but I probably wouldn't buy one again unless noise wasn't a concern.

Do a search for quiet one 1200 in this forum. You'll find several threads about "retiring" or just being fed up with their quiet one 1200. They seem to start "clicking" after a month or so and no one has found a good solution to stop it.

My conclusion is that is a good little pump, but it will NOT be a quiet pump. I'm regret wasting so much time with them.

I resealed up my second pump and was running it(not in a system) and it heated up the water way fast. It is running inline. Don't bother wasting time on this pump. It is cheap but gets real hot running, seems to transfer heat to the water and is NOT quiet!. Looking for another pump....

I have one...
I was thrilled with it at first
then it started making lots of noise....

One thing to remember:
ALot of the posts on this forum are talking about the older model and the newer model is WORSE!

just my experience

my via submergerd is silent, thats the route im going to be going, the only problem with it being size.

for performamce there is a link somewhere for a mag3 for 35$
for quiet go to dangerden and get the l20 for 30$

lots of other choices

I've ran a via, mag3, and quiet one 1200 and all heat up the water fairly quickly in their own loop. The via probably being the hottest pump besides this iwaki I'm tinkering with. Heat transfer? I still think the via puts more heat into a loop than the quiet one does. Anyway, check this thread.

Last edited:
Soja? does yours have that hole under the impeller too? Im trying to fill that hole with epoxy to try and stop the clicking too, I have already sanded down the inlet side of the impeller and will do the other side when i get that hole filled so that both sides are completley flat. I want this pump quiet!

the size and power would be awsome if it would just be quiet!

Actually it does have a hole. I never gave it much thought. What's your theory with the hole and the clicking?

ls7corvete said:
Soja? does yours have that hole under the impeller too? Im trying to fill that hole with epoxy to try and stop the clicking too, I have already sanded down the inlet side of the impeller and will do the other side when i get that hole filled so that both sides are completley flat. I want this pump quiet!

the size and power would be awsome if it would just be quiet!

If you determine how to make it quiet, post details. The quiet one takes up alot less space than the Ehiem 1250 for similar specs.

Back