• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oh dear.. oh deary me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCMunkee

I just got some funky UV Cold Cathodes this afternoon.
Cleaned up all my cables, got everything nice and tidy, turned it on to check it works. All good...

Okay, ready to move PC down next to desk. Spend time setting up..
Fans/HDD/etc spin up. Nothing happens on monitor.
Check everything's plugged in. Yep, what's the problem?
Hmmm, removed everything but CPU/Memory/VGA
still doesn't work.

AAARRGHHH!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I have no idea what's wrong. Anybody have any ideas?
I'm worried the CPU or the motherboard is dead, as I've tested the monitor and the VGA card to be working. I haven't had any sparks or blue smoke or anything.

HELP!
:cry:

--Nathan

try reseating all your cards and cpu heatsink, something may have moved during transport, there are lots of things that can stopa PC booting other than CPU and m/board issues. Also make sure that none of the cable you fitted are too tight and not in their sockets properly. Check and double check often it's something really obvious you just don't see for the panic :D

like coin said. break it down through procces of ilimnation. Did the same hing myself, truned out to be vid card unseat properlly. Done so slightly that unless you look at it carefully you would have missed it

haha it was even worse than that..
i had checked all the cables and everything last night. wouldn't work, so i said 'bugger it, ill worry tomorrow' and thats what i did.. pulled out the cmos battery and went to sleep.

got up next morning, plugged it in.. 'bang' worked first time..
ill feel so dumb now... lol
but glad its working ^_^. now to plug -everything- back in..

--Nathan

Back