• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Massive update to the Ultimate Install Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Arkaine inspired me to finish the massive update for all the current regitry settings (including flags) and what setting up FAH as a service entails.

So this is just a big bump for the sticky for those who are interested in how FAH runs as a service and what the flags do.

Linky

Cheers,

Wedo

Nice.

I wanted our team to get updated on Stanford's latest changes as fast as possible so I posted quite a bit for visibility about the flags. 32 rocks and we were way more responsive on this issue than any other teams I spy on, errr visit with...

kudos wedo!

I've also updated my own post about installing folding as a service in Linux, in that same thread.

Fold on!!!!

For Overclockix AMD users-

I'm updatding as quick as I can- maybe later this weekend. There are

foldon65 and cfgfold65

which are scripts that don't use -advmethods. I put these into all Overclocixes, since the very beginning for users with very slow non SSE cpu's.

You can also-

foldoff
cd /home/knoppix
./FAH4Console.exe -forcesse > /dev/null &

in order to restart with different flags.

For OCix hd-installs

edit the /usr/local/bin/foldon script as root- just alter the flags as you like. That way your service will always start with the flags you specify. You may want to edit some of the other folding scripts in /usr/local/bin if you use them frequently and if they start or restart the client.

Last edited:
Back