• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

burning cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makaka

my freind just got 2500+barton locked made in 2004
i think that it is the crapiest chip it can do 200*11 with 1.8v and require 2v to be stable at this speed i think a little burn may help

i am using know folding client
but what is better to use prime95 , folding client or both ?
it run know at 11*200
will better to run it a lower speed with high voltage or at high speed and high voltage?
thanks

I've never been a big believer in the "burn in" process.

I didn't have to burn in my cpu to get to 2656mhz.

Sounds kinnda high.

What kind of cooling are you using and what are your temps? It sounds more like your having OC problems. I doubt a burn in will help. Use Prime95, because it can check for processor errors and stability, and it will tell you, so Prime95 will stop before you getting BSOD, then you can turn down the speed using a dynamic FSB overclocker, and try again. Windows on average only uses 3% of the OS so you will find out your processor made an error only 3% of the time, prime95 uses 99% of you so there is a much higher possibility that it will catch an error.

The reason you need to check for stability is, if you want to pervent a crash while doing something important like distributed computing project, where if you make an error you can ruin the work of 100,000s people., or doing a school essay, or playing a multiplayer game where your about to get a record and you crash right before the match finishes.

my diode temp is alwais under 10c after runnig prime 2 hours
i dont have any overclock probleme my cpu run fine at 230*11 tested with prime more than 24h
all the probleme is the cpu of my freind it can go higher than the default it require a lot of volt 2v to be stable at 200*11
i think maybe a burn will help???

Back