• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most unOCable CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EPirate

I got a 2.4Ghz P4 not sure what make. Running it on a Biostar U8568 Pro Mother board with VIA P4X266E chipset and the damn thing crashes when i get it to even 2.6 Ghz and its only runnin at 35c so i dunno what the problem is. There is no place in my BIOS for me to increase the core voltage for some reason have to use WarpSpeeder program that came with it. If anyone could let me know whats going on id appriciate it. Thanks

That could be the pc2100 ram, not being all that fast. Up the vdimm (if you can) to 2.8 and see if you can go any futher. :)

heh i dunno where to up any of the voltages, seems that you can't do it with this mobo or something its very wierd if anyone know any mods to be able to get the voltage up plz let me know.
thanks for the help btw

could be quite hard to find a mod for the board. Although you could pick up a cheap Asus p4800 from newegg (dont know if you still can cheaply).

Damn alright, i think i plan on gettin a new board anyway i been meaning to upgrade. Any suggestions, im water cooling my system so i get nice temps so im all up for OCing mobos

The only bad thing about undervolting is you can't overclock as much. Biostar is not exactly a good overclocking mobo and VIA chipset is also a poor choice. As for what mobo would be good... that depends on budget and what features you want. Can't go wrong with either Abit or Asus with either the i865 or i875 chipset. An upgrade like this tends to snowball. Once you have a better mobo, then you'll need two sticks of faster RAM to take advantage of dual channel DDR and to overclock the memory more. Then you'll want a 800 bus CPU for more FSB, Hyperthreading , and a higher overclock. It never ends. Welcome to the upgrading sickness.

Back