• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with 900 athlon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sirjackman

i have a 900mhz athlon tbird running on a epox ep-8kta+ motherboard and i am in some trouble. i increased the speed to run 990Mhz as a test and everything seemed to be working fine. Until it started to boot up again and the HDD's spun like crazy then the computer froze just before i could get into bios. I restarted and got the samething. So i unhooked the HDD's and it booted up fine. Has anyone had that problem before and if so how did you fix it? Need to get the system running again please reply ASAP. Thanks

The first thing I would try would be to clear the CMOS. Sometimes these boards can get a bit querky. Ive had similar problems on boards from ASUS and FIC.

What would be an expected speed for the processor? got it to 988Mhz but after that it starts to freeze and become unstable.

Check the "CPU DATABASE" located on the front page of this site. You will be able to get an idea of what others ore getting out of their systems, as well as an idea of what components are returning the best results.

Ive been able to get 988Mhz and thats it if i get any higher it starts to freeze all the time. I have the vcore set to 1.800 it was on 1.76 and i can go as high as 1.850. I was wondering if i need to increase the FSB and if so how do i do it? On my motherboard i also ave a Vio voltage set of jumpers. What are they and do you think i should change them. And i also have a jumper witch is the CPU host clock which is set on 100Mhz should i change it to 133mhz?

First off, let me welcome you to the forums, I missed that last night.

It seems to me that you could do with a bit of research. Your computer is a very sophisticated piece of electronic equipment. That being said it stands to reason that it would be to your benefit to gather as much information about how your system works and what to expect as you begin to modify it. You will be running some parts of it way beyond the specifications that they were intended to be run at. For instance, as you increase the FSB you may find that the system is very unstable at 130FSB but will run flawlessly at 133FSB, the reason is that the PCI divisor would have come into play and reduced the ratio of the PCI bus to 1 /4 at over 132FSB.

With a good base of knowlege, you will have a better understanding of whats' going on and this will prove to be invaluable when problems begin to pop up, and they will.

A good place to begin your journey in this quest for knowlege is on the front page of this site, click on beginers guide.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back