• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question bout my MOBO!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevy8up

I have the ks57a.. FROM ECS...not sure what version the bios is. the chipset is sis735. Im running the stock bios that came with it. I originally had an amd xp 1900 on this board with about 512 mb of 2700 ram.

just tonite i put a xp2500+ in and it shows up as 1700+ duron. I went into the bios and it showed Duron.

MY QUESTION IS: will my board not support the 2500. and IF NOT. can i update the bios to handle the 2500. and is there anything else i can do to

Its most likely because the BIOS or a jumper is set to a 133FSB and you want to change it to a 166FSB which is the default for a 2500+. Check your manual for any mention of jumpers otherwise make sure you set the FSB in your BIOS to 166.

Regards, Balrog

kevy8up said:
I have the ks57a.. FROM ECS...not sure what version the bios is. the chipset is sis735. Im running the stock bios that came with it. I originally had an amd xp 1900 on this board with about 512 mb of 2700 ram.

just tonite i put a xp2500+ in and it shows up as 1700+ duron. I went into the bios and it showed Duron.

MY QUESTION IS: will my board not support the 2500. and IF NOT. can i update the bios to handle the 2500. and is there anything else i can do to

The barton runs 11x166, but the K7s5a does not do 166, unless you got a decent board, and you still will have to change the FSB in windows. It DOES NOT boot at 166, and does not officially support 166, thus making it overclocked. Speedfan is capable of changing the FSB AFAIK. If you want, you can change the multi via wire trick AFAIK, but it has to be an UNLOCKED barton to begin with. (you need a multi of 13.5 for 1800mhz/133fsb.)

Back