• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've got a Trojan Virus Help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maximo

Registered
I have the AVG virus scan setup to scan everyday. So the other day it kicks in and does its thing. It finds one Virus, also the first virus I have ever had, so I do what it tells me to do, I run the scan again and is seys no viruses found, great it's fixed. Well not so, now everytime I start my rig I get I get a window popup on my desktop saying...Virus Trojan hourse Dailer .7.AH is found in file c:\System Volume Information\_restore{2c20723B-2A16-499B-BB6E-924425C56D}\RP244\A0055743.exe To remove this virus run AVG for Windows. Well I have 3 times now and I still keep getting this message. Could you guys help me out?

When system restore made it's backup of your system it included the virus. Right click my computer and click properties. Then go to the system retore tab. Chose the option to disable system restore on all drives. Hit OK and reboot. That will delete all your restore points. Once you rebooted (and verified it's fixed) you can enable it again if you want. The reason AVG couldn't clean it becaue the "system volume information" folder is write-protcted except for windows.

Last edited:
Also when you disable it Re-Run the virus scanner with Restore off...That way you are posititive the Trojan is gone and does not reinsert itself into system restore.....

Thanks guys, it seems to have work. What is this virus is it a bad one, just wondering?

Back