• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would you be interested.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greenman100

Disabled
....in one of these, except in clear tube?

I'm making one for myself, but have to buy the polycarbonate tube in 8 foot lengths. I am just seeing if anyone would be interested, as I will have plenty of tube left over. Reply here or shoot me a PM, I'm not even sure if I'll make one myself, but if I know I won't be wasting 6 feet+ of tube, I'll be more likely to do it. I'm just looking to see if anyone would be interested.

Credit to craneage2001 for the source pic.

<edit> looks like I'll be going with 1.25" ID 1.5"OD pipe.

Attachments

• open.jpg
    open.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
What ID is the tubing? I'd be interested if I can fit one of my submersible pumps inside of it.

Isn't clear tubing expensive? The last time I checked, it was somewhere around $10-$20 per foot for the 3".

I think you should just use all 8 feet in the rig :rolleyes:
Hehe jk. Actually i had an idea with the same stuff. It will be easy to make a res out of it. you can even use Polycarbonate sheets to make the bottom and top for it. Good luck and Happy modding.

that looks good, 3/4"ID is a little small for the application, I suggest 1.25-1.5"ID, it would look a little better I think, and it would work a little better.

Jon

Nope, doesn't look like it will work for me. I would need 3" of 4" pipe to fit my pump inside. Sorry.

If you can buy 2" ID clear PVC, I will gladly buy some from you. I need 2", and usplastics makes you buy it in 10 feet sections. There is another place that makes you buy it in only 5 feet sections, but I forgot where. Lemme know.

Back