• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

About multiplyer mod techniques for mobiles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
Just thought I'd mention about socket wiring methods for adjusting multiplyer-

soldering wires onto the back side of the motherboard is probably easier and safer than any other method, at least if you know the basics of how to solder.

Just thought I'd mention about socket wiring methods for adjusting multiplyer-

soldering wires onto the back side of the motherboard is probably easier and safer than any other method, at least if you know the basics of how to solder.

even if you like to change the mods frequently?

another note on multiplier mod techniques with mobiles:

you don't have to use all the pins that www.ocinside.de suggests for the new multiplier and/or new voltage...

this is because depending on what your starting settings are and what multiplier/voltage you want...you will only have to do the pin mods to the "different" settings from what you already have...(set at 0 or 1)

in my case, i wanted 1.775volts (which is actually setting it to 1.8v on the desktop because the last VID is "1" on the mobile chips and "0" on desktops)....and i wanted 17x multiplier

i actually only need ONE pin mod for the voltage (not 5 like ocinside would suggest)...and only THREE pins for the multiplier settings (not 5 like ocinside would suggest)...

if anyone is interested i could post a pic of the only pin mods required for 1.775v and 17x....

Of course we are intrested LOL....Post it so that we all can understand it easily....

Of course we are intrested LOL....Post it so that we all can understand it easily....

ok...

i'll need someone to host the pic though...

if i don't here from anyone in this thread...i'll start a new one asking for hoster

ok, i have made a "schematic drawing" of the only pin mods required for 17x and 1.775volts with a AMD mobile XP processor...

if someone will host the pic please...i'll post it

the reason you don't need to use all the pins that www.ocinside.de suggests is because you only need to change "1"s into "0"s and the default voltage for a mobile is 1.45 (but on a desktop system it's read as 1.575 because the VID[4:0] voltage settings are 01011---which is 1.575volts)

therefore for 1.775volts, which is 00011, you only need to change the second "1" to zero...i.e. you only need to pin mod one socket

i figured out which pin to modify by comparing ocinside's pin mod guide for 1.6v (01010) to their 1.8v (00010) pin mod guide and the one different pin between the two settings corresponds to the second number in the series going from "1" to "0"

the reason why it's 1.775v instead of 1.8v is because the last number in the series is still "1"....you can of course set this one to "0" as well and that would yield 1.8v and for the highest possible voltage (1.85v) you must set the 2nd, 4th, and 5th "1"s to "0"s

i chose 1.775v instead of 1.8v, 1.825v or 1.85v because of heat issues...

1.6, 1.65volts are the only other options using this pin mod method with the AMD mobile XP's

ALSO, i realized the only 3 pins required for 17x were the ones that were different from the default of 6x multiplier (for the mobile XP's)...so i only changed those and it works at 17x

the same logic can be applied with any different multiplier setting than 6x...

bottom line, is that you have less pins to add to the socket, which makes it easier to get the processor in the socket snugly, and it is easier to change to another setting...and it's less of a pain to put fewer tiny wires in these tiny sockets

Dusty how about a pic for 18 and 1.85v Please

what processors are you starting with?

that is the key to using the fewest wires...but still correct pin mod

i assume you are using the mp2000's?

if so, i will look into the default voltage and multiplier for them...

1.6v and 12.5x sound right for the default voltage and modifier?

or is it 1.65v?

if your processors default to 12.5x and 1.6v (which mp2000's do), then i have a pic ready for you...

but, you will need 2 pins for the voltage and 4 for the 18x multiplier (instead of 1 and 3 for 17x and 1.775v for my mobiles)

I semi grasp how this works. Am I essentially saying ok my default multi is 6x so then look at the pin mod for my correct processor type at 6x and record them.

Then look at the multi i want such as 18x or 19x.

Then see what sets of pins are connected on each mod and the ones that over lap from the 6x to the 19x do not need to be redone because my proccessors default multi is 6x. Right?

Just want to make sure i have this down before i start modding up the sockets.

Ramlaen said:
I semi grasp how this works. Am I essentially saying ok my default multi is 6x so then look at the pin mod for my correct processor type at 6x and record them.

Then look at the multi i want such as 18x or 19x.

Then see what sets of pins are connected on each mod and the ones that over lap from the 6x to the 19x do not need to be redone because my proccessors default multi is 6x. Right?

Just want to make sure i have this down before i start modding up the sockets.

that's right...and from 6x to 18x or 19x you will still need 4 pins for each...not much of an advantage here :(

Back