• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I vidpinning right? (pic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Super

I finally decided to vidpin my Celeron 600 (cB0). Discovering that if you vidpin for a lower CV, you'll have higher options in BIOS (thanks outhouse! :) ). I think I'll go for 1.65v. (the max I can get right now is 1.7v)

So my question is if I have this thing right. For 1.65v I've connected VID1 and VID0 to VSS.

I did this on an old P1 to practice. This is not the best job in the world, but will something like that be ok if I make it neater next time?

Last edited:
Yes the pins are right for 1.50v default to 1.65 vidpinned.
The wires look a little loose. *shrugs*

Placid said:
Yes the pins are right for 1.50v default to 1.65 vidpinned.
The wires look a little loose. *shrugs*

I kinda was thinking the same... but they did survive the installation (This pic was taken after I put it on the mobo, locked it, and took it off later)
I'll try making it better when I do it for real.

If you can try to find some old headphone's and rob the wires from the cord, you wires look a little thicker then mine. What I found out is that if you use fine wire and wrap it in a figure eight pattern and then try to tie it in a knot [lots of luck I think mine is just wrapped around a few times on one of the pin's] it will look allot better when your done. I think at this point you probably have it installed and running, let us know how you ended up.

Thanks for replying everyone!

I vidpinned today, and it was easier than I thought! I did 1.65v. But now for some reason it takes longer to boot to windows, but thats probably because I have crappy ME, and the regestry is completely messed. Before I could boot @ 900MHz, but it will crash after about 15 mins. Now when it boots I get BSOD. I'll try burning in.

I might vidpin to 1.9v a bit later.

Now I am one more person who can help someone else to vidpin! :)

I didnt think it was possible to pin a cBo to anything lower then 2.05V? (on of the pins are internally disconnected) I know cCo's have a lot of opstions though.

Anything between 1.70 and 1.85 volts requires VID2 to be disconnected from Vss (cutted! and absolutly not suggested), but all the others, in the range 1.55v-2.05v are free
Before vid Pinning mine C2 600 cB0 I can set a max voltage of 1.7v and after no more than 1.95v, but all depends by the Bios.

Sohryu Asuka Langley said:
I didnt think it was possible to pin a cBo to anything lower then 2.05V? (on of the pins are internally disconnected) I know cCo's have a lot of opstions though.

Before I had the Celeron 566 wire wrapped for a default VCore of 1.65V. That was a CB0, so yes, it is possible!

Back