• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temps with P4 / Cascade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overbrazil

Hi friends, I am running my 3.0C o/c to 3.75 at 1.7 v vcore at 52C -53 C full folding/priming.I am using a cascade wb with a Eihem 1250 and a F2 radiator with 2 Delta 120x38 (loud).
For me the temperature isn´t boring me, but i will install a MCW50T(80Wpelt) on my radeon (thats worring me):D
Here the ambient temperature is between 25 - 30 C.
I was thinking changing the pump tp a quietone 3000 and add anither rad, or maybe a second loop.
cheers

Attachments

• p1090020.jpg
    p1090020.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 297
With the temps you got i think you would need a second loop for your peltier. And I think those temperature look high but maybe they are due to the overclock but still high for a cascade.
TheNewGuy

Have you tried re-seating the waterblock? It may not be making good contact.

Do you have any way to measure your water temperature? I would guess that from the tiny fin spacing on your heatercore, it's probably not getting much air through it. A blower would really help you here.

NeoMoses said:
Have you tried re-seating the waterblock? It may not be making good contact.

Do you have any way to measure your water temperature? I would guess that from the tiny fin spacing on your heatercore, it's probably not getting much air through it. A blower would really help you here.

Thanks NeoMoses, yes i did that several times, with different monutings i had a 2C difference.
Humm a second loop.
maybe a maxijet and a Black ice micro here?

Attachments

• casemod.jpg
    casemod.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 269
I would go with the seperate loop if you can... I have the same board, block and CPU as you with same ambient, around 30C (it has been hot here) and my temps are right around 49C or so. The Abit's just read high, plus the IHS just keeps the heat in.

You'll really want something a little heftier than a Black Ice Micro for your peltier loop, remember that the peltier ends up putting out a lot more heat than it's "rating" (that "rating" being ~80W on 16V, and ~55W on 12V). A second loop is definetely a good idea, as you've got the space for it in that fantastic external box :) (Man, what a great idea using an extra case - I should have kept that old mini case I threw out :().

Would you be able to fit a Chevette heatercore in there, perhaps suspended from the ceiling of the external box? A Chevvy core can be gotten inexpensively (less than a BIM), and you can buy pre-made shrouds for it as well :).

You may also want to consider a beefier peltier, an inexpensive upgrade that makes a big difference :). An 80W/16V pelt will not be able to keep your 9800 Pro below ~25 degrees celcius while overclocked and loaded.

thanks for your input nikhsub1, as you have almost the same components;)
Yes i will make a second loop with a maxijet 1200, Black ice micro with 2 Sunons fans i have. I will put on the red circle above, and a 80 w pelt mcw 50t. I just dont know if my psu(antec 550W) would feed the pelt.
the 12v line has 22a output.
I think the Bix micro can handle the TEC heat dissipation.:D

That box is great :)!

A Black Ice Micro would probably work, but wouldn't be keping your Peltier hot side anywhere near as cool as a Chevette core would - which would in turn result in your GPU temperatures being somewhat higher.

Since the Chevette core is probably cheaper to buy, and far superior performance-wise, I'd use it if you can get a hold of one :).

Just mount a mcw50t pelt, sharing the same rad/pump. Temps increased 5 C. So like Nik said, i bought a caprice core:D
Also i Will add a mc20 chipset wb.
I will make a second loop here. Should a maxijet 1200 right for the pelt/chipset block ? With which rad ?
regards

Attachments

• p1010062.jpg
    p1010062.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 166
I would run a heater core that accepts 2x120mm fans on it's face.That should allow ya to cool both the 80w and cpu. My Box has 2 Highly oced MP2000 with a nice sized heater core and I am idling at 35c with a case of 26c..I know I am dumping at least 200 watts at full load into the loop and most likely more.

At load both CPU run at 41c ..

I have 8 Feet of 1/2ID tubing 2 CPU Sprial blocks a bonniville 77 W/Ac heater core and the MCP600 pump. My resivore is like a tornado lol...

but that is my question. With an update, just receive my mag 5 to make the first loop with the cascade and the F2 rad
and the EHEIM 1250--- MCW 20---- MC50T (80 pelt) --- Black ice pro with 2 panaflos 90 cfm
Sounds good ?
Just guessing my heat dissipation
P4 about 130 W
80 W gpu pelt about 140 W
chipset about 40 W
2 pumps about 60 W
opinions ?
regards

Attachments

• p1010053.jpg
    p1010053.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 119
I dont managed to put the other pump inside tha case, so think i will have make a larger box:rolleyes:
I have find this heatercore, but i dont know how is make of.

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 61
Overbrazil said:
the front case:
attachment.php

interesting design, but why the extreme air restriction in the front of your rad? I would make that wide open.

Back