• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Infinity Temp sensor..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Highlander

2 questions, wheres the case temp taken from for the infinity
and 2, where is the 2nd CPU temp read from...? Some sensors say CPU diode, us this correct? Is seems to be ~20° cooler than the ZIF sensor...

I know the sys temp sensor is very near the agp slot. I know this because when i remove my side panel the sys temp goes up a few degrees. If i point the side fan in it's normal position the sys temp drops quickly a couple degrees. If i knew what a temp sensor looked like i could pinpoint it.

From what I can tell the sys temp is right by the southbridge. I have a 60mm fan blowing directly on the SB and it drops the temp reading about 5C. :D

The 2 CPU temps should be the socket and the diode.

OK thanks :D Thats the reason why its sat at ~34 at the mo then the southbridge gets a little toasty :D

The on die sensor seems very irratic, is this normal?!

dunno, my system temp sensor is high by 20 C, so it runs @ 45 C or so at idle rather than 25. when I have a high OC, the system shuts down cause the system temp sensor registers just high enough to where the mobo thinks its at a dangerous level. the cpu sensor reads just fine though.

OK thanks :D would seem mines also reading high, the on die one reads lower than the ZIF mouted, so hoping there wont be any issues there :D

Back