• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best cpu air cooler for MSI K7D Master?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adinona

Registered
Hello,

Which ones are the best cpu air coolers for MSI K7D Master.?

Will any amd cpu cooler fit on this dual cpu board?

Thanks.

SLK800A can fit i've heard. Did you check the stickies?

If you can find SLK700 or SK7 from thermalright then its guaranteed to fit on your board.

I personally love SK7 and SLK700. SLK800A cant fit on my board :(

sp97 will definitely NOT fit.

SLK900A can fit if you're willing to mod. In short. SLK800 is the bigest HSF that will fit your board. Other than that there is alternative which performs very well such as SK7 or SLK700.

MameXP said:
sp97 will definitely NOT fit.

SLK900A can fit if you're willing to mod. In short. SLK800 is the bigest HSF that will fit your board. Other than that there is alternative which performs very well such as SK7 or SLK700.

the problem is that I need to fit 2 of them on my board and the cpu sockets are pretty close to eachother...

what modding has to be done to the SLK900-A?

Thats what i mean "modding it to fit". I know there are 2 CPUs on the board ;) lol

THe modding is to cut the some of the corner fins. I dont recommend this if you dont have the right tool and skill.

Yeah modding is basically "chooping off the part to make it fits" ;)

MameXP said:
Thats what i mean "modding it to fit". I know there are 2 CPUs on the board ;) lol

THe modding is to cut the some of the corner fins. I dont recommend this if you dont have the right tool and skill.

Yeah modding is basically "chooping off the part to make it fits" ;)

thanks MameXP,

I had a look at the MCX462-V and i think this will work well.

SLK800 or MCX462-V?

Any ideea in cooling performance between these 2 coolers with a delta(3200rpm) 92mm fan?

Last edited:
the MCX462-V has a bigger copper base and can performs equally good as the SLK947-U, the 947 is 1-3°C degrees better than the SLK800 :)

Back