• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pics of my case (suggestions please)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InvisGreenMan

Borrowed my dad's digital camera to take these. I am open to any suggestions you have for me.

1) This is what the interior looks like now. HB1 Panaflo on the Sp-94. Every cable in the case is sleeved black. :)

comp1.jpg

2) Back of the case. All of the fan grids are cut out, and that is a custom cut 120mm blowhole. :) Also note the brand new PCP&C 510 Deluxe. That bad boy has some stable rails.

comp2.jpg

3) This is a picture of the rough watercooling setup I am working on. The BIX that is sitting on top will be mounted inside the case at the top where I cut the blowhole. The MCP600 will be mounted where it is, but the PCI card with be moved and the zalman slimfan removed. I have the holes drilled and I have check for fit here, so I know it is fine.

comp3.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the weird cropping, I had to cut them down to have them hosted.

P.P.S. Ok, having a problem with the pics

Last edited:
"Access Denied (Usage Limit)

Cant get to the pics, get that.

That fan is going to be removed fairly soon to make more room for the pump. The 9600XT doesn't run hot enough to warrant the fan anyway.

Borrowed my dad's digital camera to take these. I am open to any suggestions you have for me.
I got one. I really like the black theme you have goin on right now.

My suggestion is to paint the inside you your case solid black. That way it would almost make you PC look like its a part of the whole case or something. Either way it would look nice

why is it 3 qourters of the time I click on a thread pictures don't work? Or the links are missing?

Vis, here's the pic of my rear fans..As you requested..:) The cuts a little ruff. I needed a pair of red handled, left cut, aviation tin snip to be able to cut counter clockwise.. It gets kinda tight back there..:D

rear_fans_0002.gif
please don't quote my pic:)

you asked in teh title for suggestions, not praise... so here goes ;)

1) remove the zalman "fan guard" ... it's not guarding any digits, and it's only effectively blocking airflow/creating turbulence noise

2) the round cables are pretty and everything, but the best looking cables are the ones you can't see ;)... a little creative rewiring should allow you to hide, or at least pull together a majority of those cables (especially the HDD and mobo power cables!)... if you choose to go the lazy route and just mass them together for a cleaner look, continue using the black zip ties!

3) that pump is teh ONLY thing that isn't color coordinated w/ everything else, so it sticks out to me like crazy - should be easy to make that blue part black and/or silver ;)

4) i say you don't need to paint the interior black, as suggested above... the black/silver theme is already being pulled off nicely

5) if you've got time, you might consider "roughing up" the steel cages inside w/ some fine grit sandpaper after taking everything out to give it that extra bit of shininess to match the other, flashier silver colored components

Looks good to me but if I were you id put a fan that pushes more cfm than that zalman on your heatpipe then again if you dont want the noise dont bother. Just my opinion.

Back