• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP ,Athlon XP 1700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zhcrichard

Registered
Because the weather is warmer now , I ran my Athlon XP 1700+(multi 11x and 133 fsb ) in 1900GHz (Multi 12x and FSB 133MHz), It runs well about two weeks. But some wrong with it . It cannot boot up and there is nothing display in CRT , at the same time ,with a sound of "du ----" ,about once per two-second . reset the Multi in 11x and clear CMOS and reboot . In BIOS windows the text is messed . and the keyboard is unusable, but I confirm the KeyB is in high gear .I can access the bios but after a short periodabout 3-5seconds the monitor switches off .And in the BIOS windows the Items windows is displayed forepart .and no reaction if press the KeyB .After 3-5 seconds later the moniteor switches off. My main board is JV333da , I/O chip is winbond 83697HF, north bridge chip is VIA KT333, south bridge chip is VIA VT8233A. I do it several times ,but the same thing happen in it .

Reset the CMOS jumper.

If it doesn't help, you need to take everything off, then try booting with only CPU, heat sink, one stick of RAM and video card if you use one.

Everything else, every card and drive needs to be disconnected.

Why are you starting a new thread about the same subject as before?
Have you checked your temperatures etc and what lights on your system stay on when you boot up - also what noises do you hear when booting?
You need to start giving us some feedback on the potential solutions we are providing you.

I want to revole the problem , and in the new thread I attched the picyure to mark the problem . Wish you can help me

You also need to help us by providing feedback on the suggestions we are giving - thats how we can better diagnose the problem. You have yet to say whether any of the suggestions mentioned by myself and others have been tried and what the result was. By the way having three threads on the same subject is not the correct way to resolve a problem!
Edit: The picture you posted on the 3rd thread on this subject shows the bios screen is OK. As it switches off after 5 seconds or so I would suggest that the cpu is overheating and your mobo has some kind of protection system on it to prevent it being cooked! Like I mentioned make sure your heat sink is on correctly and the fan for it is working.
One other thing the mobo you mentioned jv333? Never heard of it you sure you dont mean a Jetway V333?

Last edited:
Back