• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adapter from 20pin ATX to 24pin eATX??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCMunkee

Maybe this should be in the power section, but oh well. I dunno.

Okay guys, here's my problem. I have a Poweredge 2400 motherboard, it won't fit in standard cases, but I'm working on that mod. But now I realise, it has weirdass power plugs on it.

it has:
24pin eATX connector
12pin wtf? connector

I think the 12 pin one is like a 12v Xeon and a 12v P4 thing put together, but I don't know.

Does anyone know which wires go where for the 24 pin to 20pin adapters? I'm planning to make one myself, as I can't find them anywhere.

Any help's appreciated,
Cheers
--Nathan

P.S. Don't flame me if this is in the wrong section plz, I mean hey, I'm heavily modding a case for it too. lol ;)

i'd get the dell power supply that's made for that board, period

~~~ trying to make your own wiring harness will probably lead to a smoked motherboard or no post situations

problem is that they're damn near impossible to get in australia. expensive as hell, and i'd probably have to buy an entire sysytem to get one.
i got the board for cheap, so i figured i might as well give it a go, if it gets smoked, too bad.

so if anyone has the config for like 3.3/5/12/g lines on a 24 and 20pin psus that would be GREAT help!

cheers,
--Nathan

that's what your going to need, might try searching dell for the pin outs for that board ~~~ don't rely on colors or placement in the molex as being normal to other power supplies

Back