• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT2004 Flying Leviathans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

richklein

Hi,

I was playing a map & someone made the leviathan fly. I cant figure out how they did it but then again, I didnt RTFM so maybe its obvious.

What do you need to do to get that slow *** thing in the air?

Rich

its a bug. you can park a raptor right next to it and then deploy the levi and it will stick to the raptor.

hopefully they patch that soon...

so, you park a manta next to a leviathan, then deploy the leviatan. I would assume that someone needs to drive the manta right?

Or does the leviathan take on the movement characteristics of the leviathan?

richklein said:
so, you park a manta next to a leviathan, then deploy the leviatan. I would assume that someone needs to drive the manta right?

Or does the leviathan take on the movement characteristics of the leviathan?

Requires 2 people who know what to do.

Someone gets in the leviathan and sits there. Person 2 gets in a manta/raptor and parks it as close to the Leviathan as they can, they must remain PERFECTLY STILL. While they are there person 1 deploys the Leviathan into ion canon mode. It is now resting on the manta/raptor and moves whereever it goes.

Ooooo..... Too bad the demo dosen't have the leviathan :( That'd be so awesome to whip out :D

I really need to go out and decide which I want to buy first, UT or FC...
JigPu

If this is a bug how else are you supposed to get the leviathan off it's platform on ONS-Icarus?

Shoeby said:
If this is a bug how else are you supposed to get the leviathan off it's platform on ONS-Icarus?

I remember reading somthing the creator of ONS-Icarus wrote about that, and it went something to the effect that the Levi was just there mainly for show and wasn't really supposed to move.

moorcito said:

I remember reading somthing the creator of ONS-Icarus wrote about that, and it went something to the effect that the Levi was just there mainly for show and wasn't really supposed to move.

Hehe, that explains it. Someone should make a map with full of raptors with leviathans parked right next to them. That would be fun for a day or two. :D

Yeah, the "lone leviathans" are meant to be isolated...supposedly its for extra base protection, but I've never been in a game when they were used effectively (always getting destroyed all the time).

My friend and I use the raptor to shuttle the leviathan to hot spots around the map, especially in Severence and Red Planet. If one node comes under attack, drop the Levi' on 'em! The tactic gets me thinking..., maybe they should add a "Transport" aircraft, that has no offensive capabilities of its own, but can hold 4 people or carry a large vehicle by tow-rope, much the same way heavy-lift choppers carry Howitzers.

Tow rope...huge vehicle, I can see the abuse, just drag the huge vehicle on the ground. It's literally like drag netting fish except this is for kills/frags. =)

Back