• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Painted Case:)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlanSr

Here are some pix of my newly painted case.

Its gloss black with gold sparkles, and about 20 coats of clear.

the purple in the back of the case is actually a reflection.

I'm still workin on fixing up the new intake at the bottom front.

I'm also thinkin about what color I want my cd roms and bay freezer, I'm thinkin either gold to go with it or purple to really stand out.....up for any tips

I still have a few more touch ups to go, but I need to get a black paint marker first.
here is my monitor, it took me weeks to get the nerve to paint it but it I love it.

the white button and a few other bits are going to be gold.

Lovely job AlanSr - have you posted a pic or two in the case mods gallery? It definitely deserves a place there, even if it is unfinished :)

Go for the gold!

I say that you should make your drives and blanks gold, with purple highlights (buttons, doors and such). Then, it'll look REALLY contrasty. Ok, fine. Mabey just gold.

I painted my cdroms all gold but didn't like it cuz it was a lil to plain for me. so I went with the black and gold w\ gold sparkles. The sparkles really make it look alot better.
My wife and her awesome steady hand was able to paint around the tiny buttons on the monitor, even the power button still has the green light on it. She also did the flatron on the base and the small detail buttons.

I still need to paint my floppy drive but I didn't feel like takin it apart yesterday:)
Now I need to get a few more cutting disks for my dremmel so I can finish shaping the lower front intake fan, you would not believe how much those lil holes restrict air flow. I cut them out of the back also.

Whats the most CFM I can get out of an 80mm? with the limited case I have I don't think I could get any 120's to fit. But I want alot more airflow, I want to hear it cooling:) I don't mind alot of noise I like it to sound MANLY!!!:)

Where can I get reguardless of price THE BEST HSF....I seen the swifttec is real good but I hear there are some better ones out there? I have great temps now but there's always better.

I still have alot of work to do on the lower front intake, I don't like the way it looks right now, but other than that I like the way it looks. the pix don't really show it but you could almost shave in this thing I have so much clear on it.
here is the monitor, excuse the mess around it I had just put it back up and made sure it was runnin:)

Cool concept painting the fans! I never would have thought of that. I guess you'd have to do that if your case was black.

I'm thinkin of buyin a black keyboard. I'll probably paint the mic gold and black, I'm not sure about the mouse because you have to touch it so much.

I actually did the fans first just for the fun of it cuz I was sick of the plain back look.

I'm want to get the windtunnel 2 plus for christmas, but its 150 without a powersupply. but it does come stock with 229 CFM.
or maybe just buying alot better fans for mine now and using it.

Back