• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sleeving

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 9mm heatsrink and 1/4" Sleeving will work great on standard 4-Pin molex connectors. The larger (20~25mm) stuff is used for the 20-Pin ATX power cable, but I have no idea why they would give you two different sizes that are so close together.

I have found the 1/8 inch hard to use...The only thing that I have been able to use it for is to sleeve the probes for temperature monitors or two lead wires coming off a fan...

The 1/4 inch works in most cases for all your molex connectors...It can get tricky when putting it on lines with three connectors...My advice is to only push it down from the start of the wires...Any pulling up at the end of the sleeving will lock it up.

The 3/8 can be used for molex lines but looks kinda crappy because it is much bigger than it needs to be...My advice on this is to make sure you do not make it any longer than it has to be.

The 1/2 is really only good for the ATX connector...And man are they a pain...The only way that I have found to do it simi easy is to take a bobby pin and file it down on both sides...Most of the pins I have to shove it on one side only, until it pushes trough the connector and then doing the other side and pulling on the wire as I remove the bobby pin.

I do not know what brand that sleeving is but the TechFlex is my weapon of choice when sleeving...Much better than the Vantec.

It is a pain but well worth the trouble...The UV sleeving with UV black lighting is the latest "mod" faze I am hooked on at the moment...;)

Back