• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

k8v se help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loverblue

i just recently brought an asus k8v se deluxe, with athlon64 3200+, 512 MB Kingston ddr 400 pc 3200 and a aspire dreamer 2 case. i also have a nec dvd-rw, a cd rw and a 40 gig WD hard drive. i put everything together but when i start the computer up, bios not installed, it says no hard drive found. i cant install windows xp or win2000. i have a WD 40 gig ide drive that is hookup by the big black ribbon on the first blue ide connector on the motherboard. when we first put it together, the xp wouldnt run because it said the password was wrong. so my friend took the hard drive and formatted it on his computer and put the operation system back on the hard drive, then put it back on my system but the motherboard aint reading the hdd. i need help. i dont know anythin about the raid, sata, or the promise controller. my hard drive is not really up to date.. i am really desperate, i been working on this for like a week now

Hi,
If your hard drive is ide and not sata then disable the promise controller in the bios, also disable on board sata chip in bios.

Also try connecting your optical drives to primary ide channel and your hard drive to master on the secondary ide channel.

Then when you install windows delete your partitions and reformat in setup before you proceed. Also check in boot device priority in bios that your hard drive is detected.

Hope this helps.

Back