• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok are these temps good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

busta`

My CPU temp idles around 31c~ and my case temp idles around 22c~.

The CPU temp hits around 43c~ during a game. Should I overclock more? The speeds are in my sig. Are these temps too high or too low? What are O K temps to be at when overclocking high?

Thanks

Your still good. I wouldn't worry until u start hitting above 50*C full load.

-Alex-

Hey Busta,
Look at my sig, my idle temp is your load temp with a SLK-948 and AS5 and my load temp is like 53 in the summer. The heat limit for the P4's is 65C and the prebuilt computers(Dell,Hp...) run at 48°C idle so I don't think that you have to worry.

for AXP overclocking keep your temp under 45°C
Intel's P4 can withstand a bit more...

P4s tend to destabilize at 60 celcius and get thermally damaged at at least 73 celcius. I wouldnt worry that much.

Mine is loaded at 53 celcius, stock volts with OCed speed at bottom in summer. SP-94

SP-94 will keep almost anything cool

I ran a 172Watt pelt on my P4 2.4.. aircooled with a SP-94, strapped a Tornade 92mm on top, the SP-94 was able to keep it up for 5-10minutes, CPU temps under load in bios were 16°C, room temp 21°C

moehaha :)

172Watt + ~100Watt from the OC'ed CPU, cooled down with one hell of a heatsink.

Back