• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Algae destroyer liquid pump clog and special little thingy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danman81

Hi I just went to the fish store to pick up some 'algae destroyer liquid'. can this stuff clock up a pump at all? The liquid has chunky residue at at the bottom of the bottle which i think could clog up a pump. Anyone know of this?

Also to top off the water setup ran into those tiny little sticker thermometers you stick on the outside of a tank. This is cool. Any ideas on where on my tubing I should stick this thing? After the water blocks or before the water blocks? I think right after to get the highest temp or maybe before to know i am getting cool water to the blocks. thanks!

Please respond! Hasn't anyone ever used anti algae fluid from the fish store before? I can't seem to find this on the forums! thsnkS!

Last edited:
i think i've got a bunch of them temp stickers in the basement from my salt water tank days. maybe i'll put one on everything in my case!! naw, just kidding. as far as the algaecide, i wouldn't risk it. would make me think twice seeing residue at the bottom of the bottle.

I used a powder form of algaecide I got from a pet store. I used a pinch, and I mean only a pinch in approx. 1 gallon of fluid. It turned my water a greenish tint for about 2 days, then cleared up again. That's been a few months ago, and no clogs. Too soon to tell if this pinch of stuff will prevent buggies though.

just got home from work and received my jab tech order. one thing was a bottle of asetek waterchill anti algae fluid. looks as clear as water in the bottle. no deposits. will post if any problems.

Back